Home, +About+, Programs & Publications, Members, Affiliations , Virtual Museum
We are a registered non-profit Section 501 (c) 3
Our mailing address is:
Birch Bay Historical Society
4825 Alderson Road
Birch Bay, WA 98230
Bea Ball President & Founder,
Link to our nonprofit information
Link to our EIN number
Birch Bay Historical Society, Inc.
BYLAWS – Ver. 2
Article l – Name
The name of the organization shall be “Birch Bay Historical Society, Inc.”
Article ll – Purpose
The purpose of this society shall be to bring together those people interested in the history of the Birch Bay Area. The society’s major functions will be to discover and collect any material which may help to establish or illustrate the history of Birch Bay: printed material, photographs, manuscripts, museum material, and material objects illustrative of life, conditions, events, and activities of the past and present.
The society will provide for the preservation of such material and for its accessibility, as far as may be feasible. It will cooperate with officials in ensuring the preservation and accessibility of the records and archives of Birch Bay and the preservation of historic buildings, monuments, and markers.
The society will disseminate historical information and arouse interest in the past by publishing historical material, by holding meetings and discussion, by marking historic buildings, sites, and trails, by participating in area and state historical events and by using all media to awaken public interest.
The society will cooperate with groups for historic preservation, and other agencies and organizations to collect and preserve materials so that these materials can be made available to students, scholars and others.
Article lll – Membership and Dues
Section 1. Membership shall be open to individuals, businesses, or organizations interested in the purposes of this society.
Section 2. There shall be seven classes of ordinary membership:
1. Individual Annual Membership – $10.00
2. Family Annual Membership – $15.00
3. Business Annual Membership – $500.00
4. Sponsor Annual Membership – $500.00
5. Honorable Member – Lifetime Membership – $1,000.00
6. Benefactor – Lifetime Membership – $5,000.00
7. Honorary Membership – No fee required, given by vote of the Society.
Section 3. Annual dues shall be payable during the Birch Bay Historical Society fiscal year.
Article lV – Meetings, Operational and Fiscal Year
Section 1. The Operational Year shall begin on January 1 and end December 31.
Section 2. The Fiscal Year shall begin on January 1 and end December 31.
Section 3. The annual meeting shall be held in November.
Section 4. The schedule and location of meetings shall be established annually by the membership at the annual meeting.
Section 5. Decisions shall be made by a majority of the members present and voting.
Article V – Officers and Directors
Section 1. The officers of the society shall be president, vice-president secretary, and treasurer. They will also be Directors. They, plus the elected Directors will constitute the Board of Directors. The president will be Chairman of the Board.
Section 2. The duties of the officers and Board of Directors shall be as follows:
1. The president and Chairman of the Board shall have executive supervision over the activities of the society.
2. The vice-president shall assume the duties of the president in the event of absence, incapacity, or resignation of the president. The vice-president may also be the Chief Information Technology Officer.
3. The secretary shall keep the minutes of the society and maintain the Bylaws. The secretary shall be responsible for correspondence and submit all non-financial reports to Washington State and the United States.
4. The treasurer shall be responsible for the safekeeping of society funds, and maintaining financial records, collecting dues, keeping a membership list, and submitting an annual report and financial reports to the Washington Secretary of State plus IRS. All customary operating expenses shall be paid without further approval. All non-routine items shall be brought to the membership for approval.
6. The Board of directors will meet to discuss and set policy, goals and objectives of the Birch Bay Historical Society and present that information and recommendations to the members.
7. With the exception of the office of the president, the membership may elect one person to fill two offices.
Section 3. All officers and directors shall be elected at a bi-annual meeting for a term of two years. Together, they constitute the Board of Directors.
Section 4. A Curator may be elected bi-annually. He/she shall be responsible for the reasonable safekeeping of all materials in the possession of the society. Plus, acquiring photos, historical written information and artifacts for the society. An InformationTechnology Officer who will manage our information may also be elected.
Section 5. Directors – Up to three Directors may be elected bi-annually at the annual meeting.
Section 6. Election shall be by a majority of the members present and voting.
Section 7. The terms for officers, directors, and curator shall concur with the Operational Year.
Article VII – Amendments to the Bylaws
These bylaws may be amended at any meeting by a two-thirds vote of those present and voting, provided notice was given at the previous meeting. Notices are to be sent electronically or mailed to all members at least two weeks prior to the Bylaws voting, meeting date. All proposed changes to the new bylaws shall be submitted in writing