Bea Ball Founder
We will meet at the Blaine Library on Monday, February 3 starting at 5:30. So far we will cover the following:
1. Rundown of the last meeting.
2. Birch Bay Historical Society as an incorporated group.
3. Birch Bay Historical Society as a 501c3.
4. Kathy will show her presentation on Gorden Sullivan’s reed organ.
5. Pat will show and pass out paper replicas of Blaine’s Wooden Nickel.
6. Discussion on Blaine forming a group and how we can help.
7. Sharing of Blaine Banner’s newspaper stash that has been placed in the care of the Birch Bay Historical Society.
8. A clumsy demonstration on the use of a smartphone for recording people’s historical stories.
Our next meeting pf the Birch Bay Historical Society will be 5:30 to 7:300 at the Blaine Public Library. We are hopeful that enough people from Blaine will so up so they can start their own group.
If you get a chance to read the article posted the bottom of he blog. You will find it gives some interesting insights to Columbus Day.
Bring any ideas you have. I have an idea for fund raising.
Our goal is to put the Birch Bay Historical Society together. Bring your stories. Bring your photos. Bring your desires. We will see what the possibilities are.
Current Members (no particular order)
Arne Cleveland 360-371-2709
Bea Ball 206-660-7161
Roselyn Gosch 360-720142
Kathy Mc Devitt 360-746-1446 email@example.com
Dan During 360-927-2142
Patrick Alesse 360-371-2070
Richard Freeman 360-305-2761
Jim Zell 360-239-1028, 332-3402, firstname.lastname@example.org 360
Carol Richard 206-795-3289
Carol 425-327-7252 has dog
Jack Lauman 371-7277
Jim Cheatle 206-465-9516
Tom Richard 206-799-2712
Kelly Blaksly 4653 Guidemaridian Bellingham 98236 360-296-1805
Wane Diaz 369-223-2726
Connie Taylor 360-927-6624
Jeff Grimes 360-920-0004
Ken Koch 805-794-8665 email@example.com
The free online encyclopedia of Washington state history
Birch Bay Post Office opens on February 24, 1881. – HistoryLink.org –